I am a new mommy again. My first daughter, in a house full of boys, is two weeks old. I am so in love. She has totally captured my heart and I'm excited for all that I will be able to pour into her about her identity as a daughter of the King of Kings as she grows. I am looking forward to all those moments a woman thinks of doing with her daughter: painting nails, doing her hair, a friend to go shopping with... but also the moments that are much further down the road, like being a big part of her wedding day, being the one she'll call when she needs advice, and having a chance to be at her side when she is having a baby. Daughters are very different from sons. But for now, I am just enjoying these precious fleeting moments. I learned early on, in being a mother, to never wish away your child's life with " I can't wait fors" because each stage comes and goes so quickly. Enjoy the moment of here and now, no matter what stage. I personally am enjoying this fresh newborn stage as it is also the last time I will experience it. I am savoring it even more.
Blogging about life .I'm a child of the Most High. Writing about the LOVE of the Heavenly Father and the FINISHED works of the cross; also life's ups and downs, sorrows and joys, and faith in the midst of trials. I am raising a large blended family. I am the mother of 5 biological children.
Comments
Post a Comment