Skip to main content

Reconciliation

My marriage has struggled over the years. Let's face it , relationships are hard; 2 different people, with different backgrounds, different beliefs, different baggage and wounds that are in process of being healed. The bible says when 2 people get married they become one, so literally imagine the visual of 2 separate people pressing into each other becoming one. It looks like it would hurt. However, we are called to love. 
Love is something we can't do unless we are loved first. You know the saying that goes,  " you can't love someone else unless you love yourself first"? That has truth in it. The bible says in 1 john 4:19 "we love because he first loved us." When we recognize the depths of His love for us it empowers us to love in return. When people are hurting in an area they can hurt others, intentionally or not. It is love that covers a multitude of sins, love that never fails. Love is also patient and kind, it endures and bears all things, it doesn't keep record of wrongs, it rejoices in truth... We are able to do that the more we recognize it is done for us by Jesus. This kind of love is the agape kind of love. The unconditional love God has for us and is required in a marriage especially. Not phileo love (a brotherly love), not Eros love (a lustful kind of love). An intense, grace filled, unconditional agape love. I'm learning how to love in that way daily because daily I can see how God has loved me that way. I have made many mistakes along the way and have caused hurt, as anyone can. And in a marriage it always takes two. I have been hurt a lot over these years myself, and have forgiven much. It takes both people to be good forgivers. When people are in conflict we have our valid reasons in pain and anger and offense and act out of it. What I'm learning is that acting out of that causes more pain and hurt and anger. And to instead think about how Christ may respond in a situation or to extend love and grace in an area that someone needs. It is better to walk away and say nothing at all instead of something you may regret. I believe forgiveness and love empowers and heals. Someone once asked Jesus how many times we should forgive someone and He responded "70 times 7", I guess He knew we would make a lot of mistakes along the way. We were made for relationships, no matter how hard they can be. God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are 3 in 1: relational, before all of creation existed a relationship.

So it can be done. But no matter what, it takes two people in a marriage. Two people willing to forgive, two people who commit to unconditional love, two people who recognize and admit their mistakes and work towards the goals of agape love and connection. I can recognize where I have fault but unless the other half is willing to forgive and extend love then what can you do? And the other half needs to recognize the same. Been praying for reconciliation. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Father Delights In You

Do you know how pleased the Father is with you? He delights in you. You cannot earn his love and affection! Zephaniah 3:17 says the Lord your God is with you he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing! Take peace of mind today that you are deeply loved, unconditionally and that the father dotes on you, that you have captured his heart and he smiles when he thinks of you❤️. It does not matter anymore if you did not have an earthly father who loved you, doted on you, and took great delight in you. If you struggle to find acceptance in your relationships, if you feel like you have to constantly "do" in order to please people and earn their love and affection, if people have abandoned you,mistreated you, etc. Grab hold of the truth that you cannot be any more loved than you already are, you are more than accepted... you are affirmed as his daughter in whom he delights so much that it causes hi

You are a light

How can you be a light unto the world if you seclude yourself from it and people? So what if someone's posts something that you don't agree with or is critical (please stop regulating your Facebook). Also, do what if people or family are alcoholics, have differing view points, use angry words, made mistakes, or whatever the case. How will the world ever see light, hope and love if the ones who believe He loved us first so we can love, shut them out!? How can you minister to the hurting if you pick up an offense. Maybe your judging them for the very same thing that's missing in you... The lack of awareness of the depths of His love and mercy! Walk a mile in His shoes... It will carry you throughout the world

My experience with miscarriage, one year ago today.

This is not for the weak hearted or weak stomached. One year ago tonight, I experienced the worst pain and suffering. The agony of loss. It was just 3-4 weeks before that I was going to my 12 week prenatal visit and I was excited to hear my baby's heart beat at that appointment. However the Doppler wasn't picking up a beat so they used an ultrasound. When I looked at the screen I thought three things: shouldn't my baby be bigger by now, why isn't it moving around, and did I see two heads? The doctor told me with as much sympathy as possible that she was 90% sure that I had miscarried, she said she couldn't find the heartbeat. She asked to me to come back after the weekend to check again. I was immediately sobbing and crushed. This had never happened to me... I've had 4 healthy babies and pregnancies.... Why have I been so sick with morning sickness then... This can't be real.... I asked my pastors and a couple family members to pray with me that God